Monday, December 24, 2012

Disarming bombs vs. bodily scans

Edgewood Park
Watched Frankenweenie and The Hurt Locker recently. Both featured fairly central themes of death and love. One between a boy and his dog, and the other between a man and something about the act of defusing bombs. Interesting the different ways one may face one's mortality. My way lately has been relatively abstract: mostly impressions on a screen.

I am enjoying being alone in my apartment since Saturday. Spent hours last night on the 17-page questionnaire for a potential phone consultation with Dr. Block in Chicago. (I answered all the questions, but wonder why he cares what kind of dental floss I use!)

It's shocking how much my eyesight has deteriorated in the last, say, two weeks. I will need to get glasses when I get back.

I find getting ready to travel kind of overwhelming. I always have, but it's worse now because I have so much more sick person gear to bring with me. That's why I'm writing this instead of packing. In any case, leaving for Bali tomorrow. Where is my passport?

No comments:

Post a Comment