Monday, August 6, 2012

Very random

http://www.trueblood-online.com/
nelsan-ellis-confirmed-for-ring-con-in-germany/
I finally added tasks to Lotsa Helping Hands. Please sign up if you'd like to take a walk with me, etc. It's much easier for me to get together with people this way than it is to arrange individually...

Ater taking Jules to the airport this morning, coming home and smoking a tiny amount of truly, but not technically, medical marijuana, I slept most of the day, it was great.

Last night we caught up on True Blood. Lafayette's variety of head scarf/wrappings is truly inspirational. Unfortunately I can't tell how they are done...and I probably wouldn't have the patience anyway. But why must all the pre-fab head coverings for cancer patients be so incredibly ugly?

I don't know how to keep track of movies people suggest but I managed to find/watch a French one involving animated plastic toys, A Town Called Panic, on Netflix. It was fun. It was great to see an actual play, Humor Abuse, with Mary yesterday. I would like to see War Horse.

Bread wrapped in what appears to be a
French newspaper
 with a picture 
of the Eiffel Tower... 
My shoulders ache from too much laptop.

I'm surprised that I still have (albeit patchy) eyebrows but completely barren nostrils. Who knew that my nose hairs are more metabolically charged than my eyelashes? I still have very short hair on my head but it keeps getting finer.

I'm reading A Girl in Winter by Philip Larkin. Next is Middlesex (Eugenides).

Of the many gifts I have received over the last eight months, I have so far written one thank you note...I can't keep up with it all right now...so thank you!
May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
may the clarity of light be yours,
may the fluency of the ocean be yours,
may the protection of the ancestors be yours.
And so may a slow
wind work these words
of love around you,
an invisible cloak
to mind your life.
From An Irish Blessing, by John O'Donohue 

No comments:

Post a Comment