|Driving back from Julie's, |
into the fog
- 500mg vitamin D
- 1000mg calcium; 500mg magnesium
- Krill (fish) oil
- B complex with 100mg B6
- Marrow Plus herbs - for blood counts - 9 per day, plus different herbs depending on where I am in the 21 day chemo cycle. (Day 1-10, 11-15, and 16-21 have different herb blends. I am now on Day 17.)
- Health Concerns brand herb pills for Days 16-21, though I haven't gotten them yet. I didn't think about it until it was too late to get them from Misha on Friday. Rx is 5 "Enhance" and 2 "Cordyceps PS" 3x/day for this phase.
- Glutamine to help with neuropathy - 1 TBSP in water 3x/day
- Moxa (heat from burning herbs applied to acupuncture points)(helps with many things including digestion and neuropathy)
- Also for neuropathy, keep my feet warm
- Walk - minimum half an hour a day
- Massage every few weeks
- Yoga for super tight hips (should be every day)
- Feldenkrais, pilates (just getting started with these things)
- Cooking whole/organic foods, no or little added sugar
- Support group every week or two
- That's all I can think of
Po looks like she's praying
but I think she's driving
I'm very focused on myself, which I sort of have to be. I'm also thinking about using my spare energy to think of others more. I told Nancy from Nancy's List (which seems like a really great org that among other things regularly offers free sails around the bay to people with cancer) that I would help with looking for funding. Hopefully I will still have the energy next week to spend a few hours at the Foundation Center downtown.
Though my hair has started falling out today in great swathes, and I am very tired (of course it's also 1:30am), I have felt remarkably well for the last week or so. Paulette was here doing a lot for me - laundry, cleaning, cooking, errands - it was awesome. I'm taking her to the airport in a few hours.
|After running my fingers|
through my hair...
Monday I need to track down the new Chinese meds, probably have to go to Misha's. And Jeff may appear for another visit!
Weds morning I do my blood tests and talk to Dr. T. Then Chemo #2 with Julie on Friday, the 13th...
House will be empty for just a a day or two, just me and the kitty before Jeff arrives...