Thursday, May 16, 2013

Side Effects Galore

Slightly blurry but otherwise
nice photo of Team Hair
AKA Padmatara and Elaine
I have so many side effects going on that I don't know if I can be bothered to write about all of them. Most distressing  is the itchy ear canal. Way in the back of my throat, too. Who knew there were so many parts in one's head to get chafed? My eyes don't hurt, so there's that. At night I am mostly not sleeping for more than an hour or so at a time, probably because of the bladder issue. Overall I feel rather zombie-like.

The roots of my hair are very sore, and hair is vacating rapidly. Elaine gave me a mokawk. It looks totally fricking weird, though much improved over the bald circles. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the chemo hair loss I had was better! Overall, losing the hair is a big deal. Hair, short or long, for a lot of women anyway, is part of normal, healthy, alive.

My anagarika ceremony is scheduled for the Order Day June 15. Parami is coming out for a long weekend. I wish I could provide a link to something that explains what this means in our Order, but I can't find anything. However, a few years ago I put together some writings about it, and if all goes well it will be available in book form on Amazon in the next few weeks.

P.S. A few people have assured me that "easy" sudokus on airlines are hard!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your upcoming Anagarika ceremony. Am looking forward to hearing more about it.

    Heart goes out to you for all the side effects you are struggling with, and intrigued to hear you are burning with aliveness! xo

    ReplyDelete