Thursday, November 15, 2012

Post from San Miguel


Someone in hell, possibly a
Buddhist, demonstrating
my favorite mudra.
I was approved yesterday as Dawn's preceptor, yay! So if all the other ducks get into a row, I'll be flying to Spain in May to ordain her...

Having a great time writing here. I wish I were staying a couple of weeks and I'd take some time to look around, like at Guanajuato (WA-na-WA-toe.) I stayed at the public library all day yesterday and got a lot done. Well, didn't get a lot done, writing is rather slow for me, but anyway, worked on it for five or more hours. And had a burrito there for lunch, possibly the best I've ever had, and a nice salad with shredded raw beets. I know one is not supposed to eat raw veg here, but I am not cautious, that's probably why I have cancer. (Joke. Broma.)

It was an adjustment when I first got here, as for the last two weeks I've mostly been with either 50 or 2 or 3 other people. Here, I don't talk all day...except if the internet at the hotel holds up I may have a skype call every other evening. There are a many folks here del Norte who mostly seem to be arty women in their 60's and 70's.

Much art and architecture we owe to the Catholics. The sublime and the silly.

Best 70 pesos I ever spent


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're enjoying Mexico and doing some writing! I ate all the fresh veg I was offered at restaurants and on retreat and not a PEEP out of my belly. But then, I reflected, many of the vegetables I seem to buy come from Mexico. Though rinsing carrots with green tea sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete