Sunday, January 13, 2013

I thought I'd be cold

Baliness gas station
c/o Absolute Vodka
(No pics in last few days...)
Movies I watched on planes, etc. roughly in order of how much I liked them (none of them were bad)

Arbitrage, Get SmartThis is FortyPitch Perfect, Transylvania Hotel, Mirror, Mirror

Padmatara picked me up from the airport Friday afternoon. Everything looked beautiful. One of those clear afternoons with this kind of orange light shining on everything...even from the plane, the light, the tops of the clouds were beautiful.

We watched Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (didn't like it that much, needed more editing), had half a Jay's seitan cheesesteak, and went to bed at ten. At around noon when I woke up briefly, I thought, Wow, that's a lot of sleep, but...maybe...just...one...more...hour...I noticed my joints were sore and my guts were kind of painful. I finally managed to extract myself from bed at 10 am Sunday, after an impressive 36 hours in bed. I don't feel too bad now, mostly just a bit weak...food poisoning combined with jet lag?

In any case, enjoyed Dawn's send-off this afternoon. We did a Seven-Fold puja with 'rejoicings in merit', and then offerings of a poem and a song which were both great, and then 'cream tea', which I should point out for Americans, means scones with clotted cream and jam.  Dawn will leave for her retreat on Monday...maybe if someone else has pics I will post them.

Back in bed, yay! The cold hasn't bothered me like I thought it would. I like it.

Inbox has 27 emails...

No comments:

Post a Comment